If you’re deciding where to take your May vacation, look no further than Glasgow! Glasgow has everything you could possibly want for a midsummer break including drier weather, an abundance of shopping and dining and plenty of castles to take impressive pictures of. The city is home to fantastic art galleries, historical National Trust properties & architecture, beautiful green spaces, fascinating street art, and plenty of live events. Book your stay in PREMIER SUITES Glasgow this May to enjoy comfortable, quality accommodation in the centre of the city. Here’s why Glasgow is a great option for your May break.
- April & May are Scotland’s driest and brightest months. If you visit during the winter months, you’ll be greeted by short days and temperatures close to freezing. Temperatures reach their peak between March & August and May is the perfect middle ground. Daylight hours are also at a peak in May, giving you plenty of time to explore our beautiful city for as long as possible. Summer temperatures are best for exploring but don’t expect a tropical climate. Highs reach up to 15 degrees and lows of 8 degrees so bring an outer layer, just in case!
- Avoid the crowds. May is right on the edge of school summer holidays meaning the city won’t be packed with families or groups of tourists. Queues are shorter to enter our top tourist attractions and you won’t struggle for bar or restaurant reservations. Accommodation in Glasgow, specifically high-quality serviced apartments like PREMIER SUITES may be in demand so we recommend booking your stay as soon as possible. Glasgow is lesser-known to international travellers than our capital, Edinburgh, so you can explore in peace.
- Events in Glasgow are at a peak in the summer months and May has a packed schedule. Museums, Galleries and public spaces have changing exhibitions, workshops and seminars educating visitors about their specialist subjects. Many of these are free of charge but you may need to book for capacity reasons. We also welcome the Scottish National Cup to Hampden Park in May, an exciting sporting event with a notoriously loud but friendly crowd. Scottish rock band Travis takes to the stage in the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall for one night only on 22nd May to celebrate their new album ’10 Songs’. The Race for Life, Cancer Research UK’s biggest series of fundraising events is also returning to Glasgow on the 22nd. Keep your eye on local events venues and time your visit well this May.
- Glasgow fills with colour in May, specifically colourful flowers. The city fills with colourful blooms, from window boxes to roadside flowerbeds. Flowers and plants thrive in our changeable weather, enjoying short bouts of intense sunshine followed by quick summer showers to keep them hydrated. The Botanic Gardens in Glasgow increase their opening hours in May to remain open from 7am until 9.30pm giving you plenty of time to explore with a morning stroll, a midday picnic or an after-dinner ramble.
- After a difficult couple of years, we’re delighted to welcome back visitors to all of Glasgow’s castles this May. Historic Environment Scotland (HES) had adopted a phased approach to reopen its properties and we are delighted that all covid restrictions are now lifted. While it’s still recommended that you keep your distance and wear a mask if you’re in a crowded space, you can now explore all of Glasgow’s historic spaces with minimal disruption. Make time to visit to Crookston Castle and Newark Castle on the edge of the city to take some impressive snaps.
Accommodation in Glasgow
It’s time to get back on the road and explore the best of the UK. PREMIER SUITES are delighted to offer guests serviced apartment accommodation in many of the main cities in Great Britain with two locations in Glasgow. Our Making Memories One City at a Time package is designed to bring friends and families together once again, creating new memories in a new place. Our Making Memories package includes a late check out at 12pm and a welcome gift with local goodies. Pack your suitcase and immerse yourself in the best of culture, shopping, sport and delicious dining in Glasgow. We’ve put lots of insider tips and hand-picked ideas together for your trip to Glasgow, so make sure to check them out to plan the trip of the year.
Our Making Memories package is available in each of our 15 hand-picked PREMIER SUITES locations across Europe, exclusively on our website.