This last year has been hard for everyone, for many, it has been a year of missing loved ones, postponed special events and virtual catch-ups. Due to social distancing, many of our local charities have postponed or cancelled their fundraising events – leaving them in needs of funds for the vital services and support they provide for our local communities.
At PREMIER SUITES, we wanted to do our part and help to raise money to benefit two amazing charities. On Saturday 8th May, we are participating in Darkness Into Light to raise funds on behalf of Pieta and ReThink, supporting those impacted by mental illness.
PREMIER SUITES teams will be taking an early morning walk or jog to watch the sunrise. A very special moment and a symbol of hope, warmth and the promise of a brighter day ahead.
Mental Health Awareness Week UK will take place from 10th -16th May, with nature as the theme for this year’s annual event. We invite you to join us on May 8th to take in your surroundings, the sunrise and focus on achieving good mental health.
Share your sunrise moment with us using #premiersuitessunrise.
If you would like to support us, please visit our fundraising links. We appreciate any contribution, big or small, in aid of these two amazing charities.
- PREMIER SUITES Ireland is participating on behalf of Pieta. Please support here.
- PREMIER SUITES UK is participating on behalf of ReThink. Please support here.
Pieta provides professional one-to-one therapeutic services to people who are in suicidal distress, those who engage in self-harm, and those bereaved by suicide. All of their services are provided free of charge and no referral is needed. Since 2006, Pieta have helped over 48,000 people in suicidal distress or engaging in self-harm across Ireland.
ReThink improve the lives of people severely affected by mental illness through their network of local groups and services, expert information and successful campaigning. Their goal is to make sure everyone affected by severe mental illness has a good quality of life. Working tirelessly to transform the lives of everyone severely affected by mental illness, and how the UK approaches mental illness. ReThink provide over 200 services, 140 local support groups and run campaigns that bring about real change.
How can you get involved?
We appreciate any help you can provide in raising funds for these two charities.
- If you would like to make a financial contribution towards these charities, please visit our GoFundMe links. Every little helps and 100% of your donation will do directly to the charity.
- If you would like to participate in Darkness Into Light with us, please share your sunrise moment with us using #premiersuitessunrise. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can not join on May 8th, no problem – join in on a morning that suits you. We ask you to please walk in a socially distant way and follow all Covid-19 protocols.
- Please share this with your friends, colleagues and family – we appreciate all the support.
- Share your sunrise moment with us on social media, using #premiersuitessunrise.