PREMIER SUITES Dublin is part of the PREM Group portfolio of properties that emphasise doing the right thing. As employers, we feel the right thing to do is to create a great place to work for every member of our team, from entry-level employees to senior management. PREMIER SUITES Dublin are delighted to have been awarded Great Place to Work certification, part of our participation in Failte Ireland’s Employer Excellence Programme. It’s important that each of our team members feel valued, appreciated and heard within our property and across the group and this certification shows us we are doing a good job, as well as giving us tips on how to improve.
Great Place to Work
Great Place to Work is an organisation aimed at building high-trust workplace culture, measuring employee experience, and giving recognition to companies and businesses that meet their high criteria. The process is simple and takes place over four stages. Staff members undertake a survey based on their experience and what resonates with them most within a workplace. The data collected can be used to drive recruitment and people strategies. Larger organisations provide details about the company culture and programmes available which are compared to the overall experience of the employees. Survey reports and actionable insights are provided to the employer, giving them the information they need to make informed decisions. Certification is based solely on employee experience and awarded to businesses who have a score of 65% or higher.
What makes a Great Place to Work
Aside from the certification, a great place to work is subjective and different workplace values are important to individuals. There are some shared values of great places to work including:
• Realising the value of a diverse workplace and embracing employees of all experience levels, backgrounds and beliefs is important to create a fair and healthy workplace.
• Fostering a culture of care, making employees feel cared for and listened to, always. Opportunities for progression and promotion, alongside training to meet those goals, should be prioritised between management and the workforce.
• Flexibility is always high on the list of great values of a workplace. Employees should feel empowered to do their work well in an understanding and flexible environment.
• Competitive salaries appear over and over within good workplace values. Employees should feel fairly paid for the work they do, with non-compensation perks included. They should also be fairly treated when it comes to annual leave.
• Going beyond the norm is expected of companies big and small these days. Standing for something more than profits is important to the workforce. This might mean supporting local charities or championing a sustainability campaign within your sector.
A Word From Our Manager
Speaking about the achievement, our General Manager, Pauline Ray said ‘We are over the moon to be recognised as a Great Place To Work. Our teams were asked to complete a confidential survey measuring their trust in management and their feelings about their jobs and their colleagues. The predominant sentiment was that at PREMIER SUITES Dublin, we have a positive ‘people-centred’ culture and we work hard to nurture and maintain this. This score is a true reflection of the great efforts made by our team who shape the work environment into a place where respect, credibility, fairness, camaraderie and pride can flourish. Of course, there is always room to improve, and we will carefully review all aspects of feedback identifying opportunities for us to become an even better place to work. The hotel industry can be perceived as a less attractive place to work so we are delighted that our team find their employment to be engaging and rewarding. It’s also very pleasing to see many other hotels in Ireland achieve this certification, recognising our wonderful employees and the vital role they have in looking after our guests.’
As well as being a great place to work, PREMIER SUITES Dublin is a great place to stay. With guest-centred initiatives like our well-being programme PS Life, and our focus on sustainability across the group, PREMIER SUITES serviced apartments in Dublin really stand out from the crowd. A happy team means happy guests. Book your stay in our Dublin accommodation to witness a great place to work and stay for yourself.